Streets of Rage 4 has had a huge free update released alongside its highly-anticipated DLC, Mr. X Nightmare. This is available now on PC and consoles for £5.79.
The free update that is separate from the DLC brings several new features and enhancements to Streets of Rage 4. If you’re on Nintendo Switch you will need to first launch the game and locate the DLC option to purchase.
To celebrate the launch of the DLC, Dotemu has lowered the price of the Streets of Rage 4 base game by 40% on Nintendo Switch and Steam until July 29th. There’s also 10% off the DLC for PlayStation fans, 15% off on Nintendo Switch, Microsoft Store and Steam. This is also until July 29th.
Via a press release, Dotemu announces the DLC has the following key features:
- Playable new fighters: introducing the playable debut of powerful officer Estel Aguirre, alongside with the awaited return of fully realized playable versions of Max Thunder and Shiva, both beloved characters of Streets of Rage 2 & Streets of Rage 3.
- Survival Mode: an inventive, immensely replayable challenge where fighters beat down endless waves of foes and earn perks for as long as they can stay alive. Random keeps each fight unpredictable through generated runs. Weekly is a series of static gauntlets generated each week that keeps players on their toes as they brawl their way through the streets of rage and fight for the top spot. Each completed level offers a choice of randomised stackable perks to choose from.
- New moves: Braving Survival’s onslaughts also permanently unlocks new moves for use across any of Streets of Rage 4’s modes, allowing players to personalize movelists for their favourite characters. Even Retro characters now have new moves.
- New badass weaponry: Progress unlocks devastating new weapons within the incoming training mode, as well as gallery content.
- Leaderboards show who’s the boss: The mode’s leaderboards keep track of the community’s well-fought runs too; who will be Wood Oak City’s finest fighter?
- New Tunes: Keep groovin’ with original music from Tee Lopes (Sonic Mania, League of Legends).
- And wait, there’s even moaaar: Separate free update adding an in-depth training system, colour palette options, a fiendish New Mania+ difficulty, plus a wealth of refinements and balancing changes addressing feedback from Streets of Rage 4’s passionate community.
Let us know in the comments if you’re going to take advantage of the sale price. Of course, after you check out the awesome trailer for the new DLC below.