Great news, readers. Glitchpunk early access is now available on Steam! The GTA-2 inspired game from Daedalic Entertainment (Deponia, Cryofall, Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun) is available for you all to play and take in the gorgeous environments whilst causing carnage. I have a review of this game in the works and I must say, what I have played, is great fun!
Glitchpunk is a top-down action game where you play as a glitching android going against its own programming. Challenge the megacorps and tyrannical governments of a dystopian near-future. Drive, brawl, steal, shoot and sneak yourself through a world full of gangs, cults, and a ton of neon lights.
At first, the only playable city will be New Baltia. In three to four weeks after the game’s launch, Outpost Texas will be playable. Two more cities will also be added during the early access journey, Neo Tokyo and Moscow.
Key features of Glitchpunk:
- Brutal top-down action with a massive arsenal of weapons to choose from.
- A hacking system allowing players to control the minds of pedestrians and affect various devices.
- Many different ways of locomotion, including trains, tanks, motorbikes, buses, trucks, and obviously tons of cars
- Frantic police chases and up to 10 escalations of mayhem-inducing wanted levels
- 12 gangs with their own stories, quests, and culture
- Four different cities, from the desert remains of the USA to cyberpunk Soviet Russia in a post-nuclear winter (New Baltia at Early Access launch, Outpost Texas 3 to 4 weeks post-launch, and two more to come!)
- Mature story with several endings
- Rare art style mix of 2D sprites in a 3D environment
- In-game radio with music by artists from all over the world, together with news stations and absurd commercials
- Celebrating the release, tune in on launch day, August 11th, to see the official Glitchpunk cosplay model, bloodyfaster, stream the game at 2 PM CET (3 PM EST / 12Pm PT) on Twitch in full costume! See the insanity of Glitchpunk in action, and get a cool look at the game’s protagonist in real life.
To celebrate the release of Glitchpunk cosplay model, bloodyfaster will be streaming the game on Twitch in full costume. You get to see the game in action, as well as the game’s protagonist in real life!
See below for the newly released early access trailer. Drop a comment down below if you’re going to play this one!