Former Pixar artists have created a game? That’s right! Keelworks have officially announced CYGNI: All Guns Blazing. A twin-stick vertical scroller/shooter hybrid, it will have old school nostalgia with modern-day graphics. Safe to say this does excite us at Thumb Culture. Keelworks have confirmed they are not trying to reinvent shoot em ups, just elevate the genre through higher quality visuals, audio, and gameplay.
CYGNI is the work of just two highly talented and entirely self-taught developers who previously worked as Hollywood film and VFX production artists including stints at Pixar. Their impressive work with Unreal Engine soon got noticed by Epic Games and earned Keelworks a substantial cash award as an Epic MegaGrant recipient,
So what will see?
- Next-gen visuals, animation, and special effects
- Lone fighting, batteling through intense hostile environments
- Choice of flying types – Offense or Defense
- Ability to weaponise your craft with varied abilities
- Immersive sound and design
CYGNI: All Guns Blazing is scheduled for launch in 2021 for PC and Mac with console release soon to follow.