It has been announced that the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV online now has over 18 million registered players worldwide. The first detail of the latest Patch 5.2 has also been revealed.
The latest patch is titled “Echoes of a Fallen Star” and is a major update for the award-winning Shadowbringers expansion. The new patch contains a huge amount of epic content:
- New Main Scenario Quests – The much-lauded narrative of Shadowbringers continues, as the Warrior of Darkness and the Scions of the Seventh Dawn continue uncovering the mysteries of The First
- New Equipment Enhancement Quest Series – This new quest series will feature regular updates from Patch 5.2 onward, allowing players to obtain powerful equipment as they learn more about the Hrothgar homeland, the Bozja Citadel.
- New Trial: The Ruby Weapon – Players can challenge Ruby Weapon in both normal and extreme difficulties.
- New Chronicles of a New Era Quest – Discover the lore behind the new Weapon series.
- New Raid: Eden’s Verse – The second chapter in the Eden raid series will feature challenging new battles in both normal and savage difficulties.
- Ishgardian Restoration Update – The next update in this content for Disciples of the Hand and Land will feature gatherer-specific content in the Diadem, high-level crafting challenges, a new ranking system, and more.
- New Beast Tribe Quests – The Qitari will provide new quests geared towards Disciples of the Land classes.
- New Dungeon: Anamnesis Anyder – Tackle this new challenge alongside fellow adventurers or a party of non-player characters using the Trust system.
- Job Adjustments, Adjustments to PvP Actions, New Game+ Updates, Numerous Crafter and Gatherer Updates, and More
Also announced were the new in-game Starlight Celebration Event which will be running until the 31st December 2019. More information on this event can be found here.
From now until 14th January, FINAL FANTASY XIV Online players without an active subscription are invited to return and enjoy five free consecutive days of complimentary playtime (up to 120 hours) this holiday season, during a special Free Login Campaign. Additional information can be found here.
For more articles from Dan, click here