CryoFall, from developers AtomicTorch and publishers Daedalic Entertainment, have announced that CryoFall will leave Steam Early Access on April 29th 2021! the multiplayer colony sim has had a very successful run in Early Access and originally released to the program in 2019. Out of just over 2,000 reviews on Steam, it is rated mostly positive.
This is great news, I love seeing games have such good success and then fully release. Congratulations AtomicTorch.
Read the official press release below:
Hamburg, Germany, April 15th 2021 – Publisher Daedalic Entertainment and developer AtomicTorch Studio are happy to announce that their multiplayer colony simulation CryoFall is leaving Steam Early Access on April 29th. CryoFall combines a sci-fi simulation sandbox with online survival and RPG mechanics – and all that in an atmosphere that invites creative and social interaction. Delivering a unique gameplay blend with loads of features and content that are sure to entertain players for hundreds of hours, the game has come a long way on its journey to 1.0.
In CryoFall, players attempt to settle on a forgotten planet by mastering agriculture, industry, trading, exploration and more while building and living within a complex society. Starting out in a primitive stone age, survivors progress through an impressive technology tree that leads them all the way up to the space age, from hatchets and crossbows to battle mechs and plasma rifles. The game offers dedicated PvE servers for those who like their colonisation experience to be peaceful, and PvP servers for players who enjoy not just battling their environment but also each other.
Since its Early Access launch in April 2019, the game has received numerous and sizeable content and quality of life updates, and it will also get an additional update at full release. Besides balancing updates, new biomes, creatures, items, technologies and quests, CryoFall has received new features such as diplomacy/politics and faction systems, an extensive electricity and nuclear power update, vehicles and mechs as well as boss battles and world events.
CryoFall’s substantial feature list includes:
- Complex crafting and industry, including oil refining & lithium extraction.
- Technology progression through the ages: primitive, industrial, modern, futuristic, sci-fi.
- Farming with crop growth simulation, fertilizers, irrigation, etc. & diverse cooking options – also: fishing.
- Electricity system with power grid simulation. Build generators, storage structures, and electricity consumers.
- Civilian and military vehicles to explore the world faster or use in combat.
- Bionic and cybernetic implants to augment your character with new abilities or to boost stats.
- Player-driven economy with currency issuance, complex trading and automated vending machines managed by players.
- Carefully hand-crafted game world (+ map editor).
- Diverse environments with several biomes (temperate, desert, tropical, boreal, wasteland, volcanic, etc.).
- Complex character simulation with a multitude of various effects and afflictions.
- Science! Chemistry, physics, medicine, and more.
- Meaningful player interactions with complex specialization options and faction system
- Official and community-hosted PvE, PvP, and modded servers.
- Extensive modding capabilities, including real-time code editing and open source game code.
- In-house developed Renkei Engine™, allowing hundreds of players on the same server.
- Extensive anti-cheat protection using a unique, self-developed system
This game looks great, I’ve not had a chance to try it out myself yet though. Have you played? Let us know your thoughts in the comments.