Age of Empires, love it or hate it, has received some big news. On Saturday, World’s Edge and Relic Entertainment opened the curtains on the worlds first Age of Empires: Fan Preview event.
The event included quite a bit of new information, gameplay videos and expansion news. There’s a lot to tell but here are some highlights:
- We were shown some new AoE IV gameplay footage.
- Definitive Editions will receive new updates. This includes the Dawn of Duke’s expansion for AoE II: Definitive Edition. And the United States civilisation for AoE III: Definitive Edition.
- You can also visit the Virtual Village to check out new buildings, learn more about Age of Empires IV, and more.
- In the Virtual Village, you can also create your own avatar medallion, a village postcard, and even your own Coat of Arms.
- There was also a reveal of the first details for the upcoming Age of Empires IV closed beta.
You can take a look at the entire Xbox Wire post here if you would like to see it. There’s quite a bit to take in for fans of the critically acclaimed franchise that’s been around for quite some time now. That being over 20 years!
Check out the fan preview reveal for the Norman Campaign in Age of Empires IV below. Let us know in the comments if you’re looking forward to playing this game!