As a massive fan of the first iteration of the fantastic game The Golf Club it comes to no surprise that the announcement of the second iteration is of great excitement for me. From video game publisher Maximum Games and in partnership with developer HB Studios we see a brand-new trailer for The Golf Club 2 and some more information as to what we should expect in the final game due out in Spring 2017.
We have a progression-based Career Mode, Societies as well as an improved Course Creator, The Golf Club 2 aims to replicate the authentic experience of being on the green. The Golf Club 2 also has a host of new environments, cutting-edge swing mechanics as well as limitless customisation options and dynamic online tournaments.
There are a number of tournaments that the players must progress through during the Career Mode to move up in status. As you progress, so does your competitors, aiming to guide you through improving your game. Earnings from the events allow you to purchase clothing and accessories as well as the membership costs for societies.
The Societies that you can either join or create enable you to be able to represent them during tounaments, climbing your way up to the top of Team Leaderboards and being able to upgrade your Team Clubhouse. Whilst you can be part of more than one society, you will always have one as your Primary Membership so that you can fly that flag on the links.
The Course Creator is back and this brings many improvements including media stands, crowd placement, multi-level water features and more. You will have the ability to bring across your previously created courses from the first game and upgrade them with the new items. If you preorder the game you will get access to the “Day 1” edition which will include the following bonus content:
- Moneybags – Save time and get rich quick with an instant payout that will boost your career and give you serious purchasing power
- Elite Club – Make your competitors jealous and stand out among the crowd with an exclusive 24K solid gold driver
- Premier Clubhouse – Gain access to an exclusive high society clubhouse for you and your friends
- Heirloom Apparel – Play in style with a throwback outfit from the golden age of golf
- Elite Emblem – Add class to your Society logo with a signature badge
The Golf Club 2 will be available for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and digitally on PC this Spring.