Spacebase Startopia has already been launched on PS4, PS5, Windows, macOS, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S. It’s now the Nintendo Switch’s turn for this strategy game to release on September 24th. The developers who are Realmforge Studios are known for the Dungeons series of games, Dark, and Ceville. Spacebase Startopia has scored rather average scores across the board, with pretty much 5/10 and scores in the 60-70% range.
Spacebase Startopia puts you in charge of three different decks aboard a doughnut-shaped space station that you will call home. Take care of aliens, space whale therapy and mysterious cat rumours, you will be assisted by VAL, the space stations onboard AI. Pre-ordering the game will give you 8 different statues of in-game aliens. There are also various skins for the “Fuzzy” droids and the recycler building included at launch.
Features of this game:
- The 10-mission, fully dubbed single-player campaign will require all your skills as Commander of the Spacebase Startopia as you strive to create one of the most attractive trade and tourism destinations in the known universe
- Each of the three decks will require your leadership skills — the Sub Deck containing all of the rooms vital to survival, while the Fun Deck focuses on your visitors, and the flora and fauna found on the Bio Deck provides sufficient resources for survival as well as a home for the graceful Dryads
- Prevail against AI competitors, for you are not alone on the station. Sabotage your opponents’ economy or attack them with your mech units. Conduct trade and beware of space pirates eager to board
- The dynamic narrator AI ‘VAL’ reacts to your decisions and is always at your side in both word and deed – alongside offering the occasional extremely unqualified comment
- Hone your skills as the Commander of Spacebase Startopia in the many challenges of the single-player campaign or play your way in the customizable sandbox mode
As mentioned you can pre-order the game now before it launches on September 24th. You should act fast as there’s currently a 10% off of the game at the Nintendo Eshop page here. Check out the Switch trailer of the game below on our YouTube channel. Let us know in the comments if you’ve played this game already on any of the platforms listed above!