Publishers Curve Digital and new indie developers Neon Giant are excited to announce the arrival of the developer’s first game, The Ascent. Neon Giant is a small Swedish studio made up of only 12 people, some of who are industry veterans having worked on titles such as Gears of War, Bulletstorm, and Wolfenstein.
The Ascent places you in a cyberpunk world where you take on the role of an indentured worker for the Ascent Group. The Ascent Group suddenly shuts down and everything in the city of Yakusa plunges into chaos. Rival crime syndicates and corporations are trying to fill the newly created void and it’s up to you, the player to get your guns out and keep them at bay. Through the disorder and disarray, can you find out what happened to the Ascent Group?
Fellow co-founder and Creative Director of the studio Arcade Berg added: “In The Ascent you start off at the bottom of the food chain – that’s just the life of an indent – but as you progress, you will get to grow more powerful, find shiny guns, toys and augmentations making you able to live out your twisted power fantasies – if you choose – with robot tentacles coming out of your back. We will take you across the world, wide and high, in a megacity filled with turmoil and introduce you to characters who have found ways to thrive in this environment. We hope our game is as fun and exciting for you playing it as it was for us to make it.”
- A free-roam play style in a cyberpunk inspired dystopian world
- Classic RPG mechanics to enable players to build up their character including cyberware, augmentations, and looting
- An unprecedented sense of verticality within its world, with different levels and platforms discernible within play
- The Double-aim mechanic enables players to utilise the full screen and choose between multiple targets anywhere in the environment
- A narrative-led adventure playable in single and up to four-player co-op modes
The Ascent offers players the chance to step into an action-orientated sci-fi RPG powered by Unreal Engine that takes the genre to new levels, available to play in both single-player and up to four-player co-op. The game will target 60 fps and have full 4K support on the Xbox Series X, offering amazing gameplay performance for new generation console players.
The Ascent is out now on PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Xbox Game Pass and it looks stunning. Check out the trailer below.